Graphic Designer & Website Coordinator
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a target start date of September 8, 2017, so emails will be reviewed upon receipt, and early application is encouraged.
Application Deadline: August 25, 2017
AAVS is seeking a Graphic Designer and Website Coordinator to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative animal advocacy environment. The Graphic Designer and Website Coordinator is responsible for all print publication design, including newsletter, membership mailings, brochures, and advertisements. The Graphic Designer and Website Coordinator is responsible for production management, approval processes, quality control, and on-time delivery of all print materials. Furthermore, the Graphic Designer and Website Coordinator is responsible for maintaining existing websites, developing new websites, coordinating redesign projects, integrating outside web software, programming, managing web server and domain name, designing and circulating e-mail alerts to members (including tracking and analysis), and reporting on site traffic. The Graphic Designer and Website Coordinator maintains AAVS’s presence and branding in the public eye.
This position will also provide general technology support for the office. Maintains and purchases all computers, printers, servers, routers, and software. Fixes all network issues and individual technological problems for staff.
- Position requires formal training. Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Web Development, Media Arts or related field preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of current web technologies and software. Proven experience in web development. Strong design and excellent programming skills required, including proficiency in web languages such as HTML/CSS and the ability to work with PHP and Jscript.
- Position will be the webmaster of multiple websites, including sites built on WordPress, Drupal, and OpenCart, as well as HTML/CSS/PHP sites.
- Experience with mass emailing (MailChimp, MailerMailer, or comparable programs)
- Strong graphic design skills essential, including knowledge of design programs such as Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Position requires knowledge of the print production process – must be able to create print-ready items without assistance (from concept to production), including mailing packages, booklets, promotional items, and displays.
- Knowledge of both the Mac and PC environment (will work on a Mac, but must be able to assist others using PCs).
- Ability to set up new tech equipment, including printers, computers, and network/wireless items.
- Experience with email platforms, like Outlook and web-based email.
- Candidate must possess exceptional organizational and communication skills since the position interacts with every department in the organization and reports to the President. Requires working on site.
- Commitment to, and knowledge of, animal protection issues, with experience in an animal advocacy or non-profit organization a plus.
This is a full time position, located in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania. Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits package.
Provide resume, portfolio, and cover letter explaining interest in AAVS to firstname.lastname@example.org, “Attn: Office Manager, Graphic Designer & Website Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
The mission of AAVS is to end the use of animals in science through education, advocacy, and the development of alternative methods. Founded in 1883, the American Anti-Vivisection Society (AAVS) is the first non-profit animal advocacy and educational organization in the United States dedicated to ending experimentation on animals in research, testing, and education. We work with individuals, students and parents, educators, grassroots groups, corporate and government decision makers, and members of the scientific community to effect meaningful, lasting change.