Support Our Mission
Leaping Bunny Program
Unique opportunity to work on top cruelty-free certification program
The Leaping Bunny Program (leapingbunny.org) connects compassionate consumers with cruelty-free companies. It is a highly respected certification program, providing assurance of products that are free of any new animal testing. Over 2,400 companies are currently on our list. The rigorous and confidential certification process consists of examining a company’s supply chain management and its selling practices. In order to stay certified, companies must also recommit annually, a process which assures that their documentation and company information is up-to-date. In addition, companies must be open to an independent audit for closer examination of their supplier monitoring systems. Our program is also pleased to offer certified companies the opportunity to participate in many different promotional campaigns throughout the year.
The Leaping Bunny Program is managed in the U.S. and Canada by the American Anti-Vivisection Society (aavs.org), on behalf of the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics.
Due to a valued employee’s expected maternity leave, we will have a rare opportunity for a full time Program Assistant to join our team for a temporary position, from November 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023. Our offices are located in Jenkintown, PA, and onsite work is required at least three days per week.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Leaping Bunny Program by working with certified companies to complete their recommitment application.
- Answer general inquiries from companies and consumers.
- Mail letters and/or packages to companies.
- Reach out to companies with logo usage violations and encourage them to become certified/license the logo.
- Assist Administrator and Program Director with administrative duties.
- Other job tasks as needed.
- Highly developed professional communications skills, both written and interpersonal, are a must.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and responsible, able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge and proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office applications, web tools, social media.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in an office environment.
- Passionate about animal protection and dedicated to making positive change.
Provide resume and cover letter explaining interest.
Send to: email@example.com
Subject line: “Attn: Office Manager, Program Assistant, Leaping Bunny”.
Deadline: Monday, September 26, 2022
Start date: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
No calls please.
Employer is the American Anti-Vivisection Society (AAVS) in Jenkintown, PA. Founded in 1883, AAVS was the first non-profit animal advocacy and educational organization in the United States dedicated to ending experimentation on animals in research, testing, and education. AAVS works to legally and effectively end the use of animals in science through education, advocacy, and the development of alternative methods to animal use.
AAVS is an equal opportunity employer. The information contained in this announcement is subject to change, including the deadline for application and start date. If a candidate is interested in the position, they are encouraged to apply as soon as possible since the vacancy will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified and the employment process, including criminal background check, is complete.